Workshop on Living Labs for Information Retrieval Evaluation @ CIKM 2013
1 November, 2013, San Francisco, USA
The workshop proceedings are now available in the ACM Digital Library.
Some of the presentations made at the workshop are now available, as indicated below; see Schedule for full details.
- IR Evaluation: Perspectives From Within a Living Lab. Georg Buscher, Microsoft Bing
- Using CrowdLogger for In Situ Information Retrieval System Evaluation. Henry A. Feild, James Allan
- FindiLike: A Preference Driven Entity Search Engine for Evaluating Entity Retrieval and Opinion Summarization.
Kavita Ganesan, ChengXiang Zhai
- Lerot: an Online Learning to Rank Framework.
Anne Schuth, Katja Hofmann, Shimon Whiteson, Maarten de Rijke
- Evaluation for Operational IR Applications -Generalizability and Automation.
Melanie Imhof, Martin Braschler, Preben Hansen, Stefan Rietberger
- Factors Affecting Conditions of Trust in Participant Recruiting and Retention.
Catherine L Smith
- A Private Living Lab for Requirements Based Evaluation.
Christian Beutenmüller, Stefan Bordag, Ramin Assadollahi
- A Month in the Life of a Production News Recommender System.
Alan Said, Jimmy Lin, Alejandro Bellogín, Arjen de Vries
Best Demo Award
The best demo award (€ 750) went to Kavita Ganesan and ChengXiang Zhai for FindiLike.
The Best Demo Award winners received an award of 750 EUR, offered by the ‘Evaluating Information Access Systems’ (ELIAS) ESF Research Networking Programme. The award can be used to cover travel, accommodation or other expenses in relation to attending and/or demo’ing at LL’13.